Student Education Funding
Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority offers educational funding to assist in the recruitment and retention of health-care professionals in the region.
The RHA will provide a pre-determined monetary amount per academic year to full-time and/or part-time students who are pursuing a career in a health-care profession that is of mutual value to the applicant and the organization. This includes RNs, LPNs, HCAs, health information management staff, pharmacists, OTs, PTs and social workers. Students may apply for the bursary a maximum of two (2) times.
Applicants must be currently completing an accredited education program leading to a degree, diploma or certificate in a health care profession.
Provision of funding is conditional upon a return of service agreement, based on full time hours for that classification for each year assistance is provided.
Applicants shall be considered based on the following:
- An employee of the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority who holds an FTE
- Self-identifying Indigenous students
- Residents of Interlake-Eastern region
In support of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada Report (TRC), and in order to meet the Interlake-Eastern RHA objective of a population-based Regional Representative Workplace, comprised of an appropriate Indigenous (First Nations, Métis and Inuit) workforce of 27%, the following shall apply:
Except where provided otherwise in a Collective Agreement, where candidate qualifications and experience are determined to be equal by the employer, first consideration shall be given to Indigenous (First Nations, or Inuit) applicants.
- Student Education Funding Brochure
- Student Education Funding Application Form (Applications are accepted through April 1 – June 30 every year)
Canada Student Loan forgiveness for family doctors and nurses
The Government of Canada offers Canada Student Loan forgiveness to eligible family doctors, residents in family medicine, nurse practitioners, and nurses who work in under-served rural or remote communities that lack the primary health care they need.
Visit: Apply for Canada Student Loan Forgiveness for Family Doctors and Nurses – Overview – Canada.ca
Student Summer Employment
Home for the Summer Program 2023
* See job posting IERHA 194/23 Closing date: February 16, 2023
ATTENTION: NURSING, PHARMACY & ALLIED HEALTH STUDENTS
Are you looking for full-time summer employment?
Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority, in conjunction with Manitoba Healthcare Providers Network is offering a unique opportunity for summer work placements for nursing, pharmacy and allied health post-secondary students. Placements are for a period up to 18 weeks, with students working hands-on and conducting research in one of the following areas:
|Nursing – Acute Care, Long Term Care, Public Health, Home Care,|
|Community Wellness, Primary Care, Mental Health & Addictions|
|Allied Health – Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language,|
|Respiratory Therapist, Dietitians|
- Enrolled full time in a University/College in Nursing, Pharmacy or Allied Health field of study
- Resident or has a connection to the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority region
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to type accurately at 50 wpm as well as current computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Experience in conducting surveys and research projects an asset
- Mental and physical health to meet the demands of the job required
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle required
- Given the cultural diversity of the region, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory pre-employment security check
Work placements will begin starting as early as April, and will be completed by the end of August, based on a letter of offer.
*Please indicate preference of program(s) when applying. Every effort will be made to accommodate program requests, but cannot be guaranteed.
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for more information.