Small Text Large Text Print
Crisis Services

Francais Button 



Crisis Services

24 Hour Crisis Line:

The 24 Hour Crisis Line provides telephone support for individuals in the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority who are experiencing a mental health or psychosocial crisis. Also provides information and helpful resources to individuals looking for themselves or someone else.

Toll Free: 1 (866) 427-8628 or (204) 482-5419


Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU):

The Crisis Stabilization Unit is a nurse-managed, voluntary admission unit for individuals 15 years and older experiencing a mental health or psychosocial crisis. Located in Selkirk, the Crisis Stabilization Unit provides assessment, short term crisis intervention, treatment, and linkage/referrals to resources.

For referral information, please call: Toll Free: 1 (888) 482-5361 or (204) 482-5361

 CSU Logo houseClick on the house to see the unit.


Mobile Crisis Services- Adult & Youth Outreach Team:

Mobile Crisis Services provides voluntary services that are available to residents of all ages that reside in the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority area. They are a multidisciplinary team that responds to individuals that are experiencing a mental health or psychosocial crisis. They provide phone support and active outreach. Mobile Crisis Services can provide mental health assessments, crisis intervention, linkage to resources and short-term follow-up.

Toll Free: 1 (877) 499-8770 or (204) 482-5376



Hours of Operation


 Service  Days Open  Hours
 Mobile Team Intake    7 days a week  8:30am to 12:00am
 Mobile Adult Team  7 days a week  2:00pm to 2:00am
 Mobile Youth Team  Monday to Friday    1:30pm to 9:30pm



Frequently Asked Questions

When would someone call the 24 Hour Crisis Line?

The 24 hour crisis line is available to all individuals who are residents in the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority. Individuals call for a variety of reasons; they are in a crisis, they are concerned about a loved one, they require information on where/how to access mental health supports/services or they just need someone to talk to. When someone calls the crisis line and requires further support beyond a phone call, a community visit by the Mobile Crisis Unit can be arranged. We can follow-up with resources with your permission or provide follow-up phone calls to you to ensure the crisis is resolved or determine if further intervention is required.

What can I expect when I call Mobile Crisis Services?

The Intake Worker will welcome you to the service and determine why you have accessed Mobile Crisis Services. They will have several questions on the nature of the crisis, who your supports are, and questions regarding your safety. If you are calling because you are concerned about another individual, they will want to know if the person knows you are calling and would be willing to have Mobile Crisis Services involvement. They will also want to speak directly with the individual if at all possible. Mobile Crisis Services provides voluntary services, so if the individual is not willing to access services they will assist you in problem solving on how best to get help for the person. If you call and it is determined that the nature of the call is an emergency and requires immediate intervention as they will request that you call 911 or will access 911 on your behalf if required. If Mobile Crisis Services is going to come out to see you and provide crisis intervention, they will triage your case and provide phone support until the Mobile Crisis Team is able to see you.

What can I expect after I call Mobile Crisis Services?

Mobile Crisis Services provides in-home or community (local hospital, school, or RCMP detachment) intervention, support, and short-term crisis management to youth and adults in need. You can expect a team of 2 mental health professionals to attend to your home or community destination to assess your mental health issues like anxiety or depression or other stresses (E.g. relationship, work, school, finances, grief/loss, family, substance abuse, other). We will provide support, referrals, and follow up to help you recover from your crisis. Our ultimate goal is to help you maintain your safety and diffuse your crisis.

What do I do if I need to call outside of Mobile Crisis Services' hours?

If you or a loved one is having a crisis and the Mobile Crisis Unit it not open yet, please call the 24 hour Crisis Line at Toll Free: 1 (866) 427-8628 or (204) 482-5419.

Is anyone having a crisis welcome to stay  at the Crisis Stabilization Unit or must I be from the town it is located in?

The Crisis Stabilization Unit is available to all individuals 15 years of age and older residing within the
Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority.

Can I go to school and stay at the Crisis Stabilization Unit?

Yes, we will consider individuals attending school or employment on an individual basis. Staff may encourage you to consider taking a leave from school/work during your stay with us if your place of employment or school environment is one of the major stressors that brought you to the Crisis Stabilization Unit. As with all passes off the unit, this will need to be discussed with the staff prior to leaving. As well we would ask that you are using your time at the unit effectively to resolve your crisis.

Can I bring my children to the Crisis Stabilization Unit?

The Crisis Stabilization Unit provides services on an individual basis only, it does not have the capacity to allow individuals to bring other family members with them for their stay. Children and family members are welcome to come visit the Crisis Stabilization Unit during our visiting hours (afternoon & evening). The Crisis Stabilization Unit staff would be happy to problem solve other ways to arrange childcare so you can come to the Crisis Stabilization Unit.

Can I bring my phone while staying at the Crisis Stabilization Unit?

Yes! You are welcome to bring and use your personal phone to keep in touch with family and friends, schedule appointments, listen to music, or use apps, etc. We do have some house rules about use of electronics. These will be reviewed with you at the time of admission.

Will I be seeing a doctor or psychiatrist during my stay at the Crisis Stabilization Unit?

The Crisis Stabilization Unit is a nurse-managed facility though consultation with a psychiatrist may occur with some individuals. Generally, if health issues require attention during your stay at the Crisis Stabilization Unit, you may be encouraged to see your regular primary health care provider or nursing staff may contact your provider by telephone at your request. Locally in Selkirk there is also a walk-in clinic and Quick Care Clinic for non-urgent medical needs. You may also choose to discuss a referral to a psychiatrist through your community mental health worker or your primary care provider.


Looking for resources?

Resources such as smartphone applications, websites, and print resources are effective ways for individuals to take charge of their own recovery and manage their mental health. These resources do not replace treatment recommendations by a primary health care provider, but are a way to help learn about mental health and manage it in a healthy and effective way.

Smartphone Applications

 Calm in the Storm Calm in the Storm helps you to identify, assess and track your own stress levels and provides easy-to-use and highly effective mind/body practices.  MindShift MindShift will help you learn how to relax, develop more helpful ways of thinking and identifying active steps that will help you take charge of your anxiety.
 Healthy Minds Healthy Minds is a problem-solving tool to help deal with emotions and cope with the stresses you encounter both on and off campus. The goal: Keeping your mind healthy.  Pacifica Pacifica gives you holistic tools to address stress, anxiety, and depression based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness, relaxation and health.
 The Life Line Canada The Life Line Canada offers access and guidance and support for those suffering in crisis and those who have suffered the devastating loss of a loved one from suicide.  MyLife Meditation MyLife Meditation is a free mindfulness, meditation, and compassion-building tool that is simple, fun, and easy to use.
 Mindfulness Coach Mindfulness Coach was developed to help Veterans, Service members, and others learn how to practice mindfulness.  Calm Harm App Calm Harm provides tasks to help you resist or manage the urge to self-harm. You will be ale to track your progress and notice change.


Addictions Foundation of Manitoba (AFM) 

Antidepressant Skills Workbook: Simon Fraser University

Alcoholics Anonymous Manitoba (AA)

Anxiety Disorders Association of Manitoba (ADAM)

Anxiety Canada

Bounce Back

Cannabis & Psychosis: The Facts

Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction

Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)

Coping with Parents with a Mental Illness

Depression Hurts

Family Doctor Finder 

Family Guide to Mental Health


Heads Up Guys 

Informed Choices About Depression


Manitoba Blue Cross

Manitoba Far, Rural & Northern Support Services

Manitoba Schizophrenia Society

Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC)

Mental Health Education Resource Centre of Manitoba (MHERC)

Mind Your Mind 

Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba 

National Eating Disorder Information Centre (NEDIC) 

Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen & St. Francis Place Homeless Shelter 

Postpartum Depression Association of Manitoba

PTSD Association of Canada

Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration

Suicide Prevention

Weeding Out The Facts


 Suicidology: A Journey Toward Heath and Hope


Please take the time to provide us with anonymous feedback about our website so that we can continue to improve it. Please click on the feedback button to take the brief survey.



Footer Line
Footer Divide French Logo Footer Divide Canada Logo Footer Divide Aboriginal Logo Footer Divide Manitoba Logo Footer Divide
Footer Line
TWITTER Facebook