Medical Laboratory Assistant
Medical laboratory assistants play an important role in patient health. They are responsible for collecting blood, tissue and other samples from patients, and preparing samples for testing and analyses. Learn the skills you need to get hired as a medical lab assistant. Qualify to work at a clinic, hospital, or research laboratory.
Find out more:
Saskatchewan Polytechnic College – Combined Lab X-Ray Training Opportunity (see below)
Combined Lab X-ray Technology Program
The Combined Lab X-ray Technology (CLXT) program is offered through Saskatchewan Polytechnic in Saskatoon.
The program is 2.5 years and includes one year of clinical training that will take place in a Manitoba Diagnostic Services site.
- Admission requirements:
- English language requirements
- Additional information on their website
- Registration deadline – September 30, 2023 for January 2024 entrance to the program. Admission requirement must be completed before that date.
- Shared Health will be supporting the students selected for this program in exchange for a return of service agreement.
- Shared Health will support students to take this program through:
- Tuition fees
- Lab fees
- School scrubs
- other misc. expenses