Interlake-Eastern RHA has partnered with the education institutions below to bring health-care training to communities across the region.
Have you successfully completed the 7-day Health Care Support Worker micro-credential program? Are you interested in increasing your employment opportunities and salary? Consider becoming certified as a Health Care Aide!
In just 24 weeks of part-time study, you can expand your skills and increase your earning potential while continuing to provide essential support and care for Manitobans.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Grade 12 OR Grade 10 if you are a mature student (19 years of age or older and out of high school for a minimum of one year).
- English language competency requirements Level 6 IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Level 7 CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark).
- Successful completion of: a 7-day Health Care Support Worker micro-credential from Assiniboine Community College, Red River College Polytechnic, or University College of the North; or other approved course that meets the minimum requirements of the 7-day micro-credential as determined by the regional health authority.
- In order to be eligible for the Assiniboine Community College program, Applicants must have worked a minimum of 300 hours within the last 24 months as an uncertified Health Care Aide.
- More information on the training program is available here: Comprehensive Health Care Aide Challenge | Assiniboine College
Courses allow flexibility for you to work while you train. Funding is available for eligible uncertified health care aides to complete an approved training program.
Click here to start the application process: Uncertified HCA Bridging Program Applicants – IERHA
Questions? Email us at LR@ierha.ca
Academy of Learning Health Care Aide Training
Assiniboine Community College Health Care Aide Training
Red River College Polytech – In-Person Health Care Aide Training
- SELKIRK – Visit Red River College for more information. Course starts January 23, 2023.
Red River College Polytech – Online Health Care Aide Training
Visit Red River College for more information.
**Part time delivery for evenings and weekends: (Practicum November 06 – December 15, 2023)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 6 – 9 pm evening delivery schedule for part time students. Instructor delivery using synchronous teaching methods with MS Teams and WebEx meeting software for virtual classrooms with in person labs and skill components. Options for community-based labs are available based on a minimum of 6 students per community.
**Part time online course is subject to demand. Please contact Interlake-Eastern RHA’s Human Resources department at email@example.com for additional information.