Interlake-Eastern RHA is composed of 17 First Nation communities and 24 Métis Locals representing almost one-third of our regional population.
The goal of Interlake-Eastern RHA’s Indigenous HR Initiative is to build a representational workforce that is reflective of the Indigenous and Métis populations within the region. Working in partnership with the Indigenous and Métis communities in our region, we are committed to increasing the representation of Indigenous people within all levels of our workforce. The Indigenous HR Initiative is intended to promote opportunities for Indigenous people living in the Interlake-Eastern region. This includes but is not limited to:
- Promoting employment opportunities and increasing the representation of Indigenous people employed within all levels of the Interlake-Eastern RHA.
- Identifying challenges to employment and identifying solutions to address those challenges.
- The on-going development and implementation of a cultural awareness training program.
- Enhancing training and education programs.
- Encouraging Indigenous individuals to apply for employment and to self identify as being of Indigenous descent upon hiring so that we can track the progress of our efforts.
- Creating innovative retention strategies.
For more information about the Initiative, please contact: