School Age Child Resources
We have compiled a list of health resources for schools, parents and caregivers of school age children.
Please refer to this site for the most recent information that public health has available for schools. If you download resources, please check back frequently to ensure you have the most up-to-date version.
- Healthy Smile Happy Child
- A Parent’s Guide to Vaccination (Public Health Agency of Canada)
- Canadian Pediatric Society
- Immunize Canada
- Public Health Agency of Canada
Use the checklist below as a guide to prepare your child for kindergarten:
- School entry boosters – Vaccine fact sheets:
- DTaP-IPV vaccine: http://www.gov.mb.ca/health/publichealth/factsheets/daptp.pdf
- MMRV vaccine: http://www.gov.mb.ca/health/publichealth/factsheets/mmrv.pdf
- Call your local optometrist to book an appointment for your child’s eye test – this is a free exam. As part of Medicare in Manitoba, the provincial government insures basic eye exams every two years for children aged 0 – 18 years.
- Check with your school division to see if your child’s hearing will be tested in school. If not, you can book an appointment with the Selkirk Hearing Centre at 204-785-7403 or the Beausejour Primary Health Care Centre at 204-268-7465. Hearing testing is also available at private audiology and hearing centres for a fee.