Teen/Youth Health & Wellness Clinics
Please see the below list of clinics in the region addressing the unique questions and health concerns that today’s teens have. All clinics are drop-in for youth aged 12 to 25. No appointment is necessary. Services are free and confidential. Some school-based clinics have been relocated to primary health care clinics. Virtual appointments may be available. Dates & Times subject to change.
Visit Teen/Youth Health and Wellness Clinics on Facebook, Interlake Eastern Teen Clinics, and Instagram interlake.eastern.teen.clinic
Staff at the clinic may include:
- a nurse practitioner
- a public health nurse or connections to public health
- clerical support
- connections to mental health
- A PAP exam
- Information on reproductive health
- Prescriptions/refills for birth control (pills, Depo needle)
- Sexual advice and sexually transmitted infection testing
- Health information on topics such as addictions, mild infections, abusive relationships, healthy eating
- Pregnancy testing and counselling
- Plan B pill
- Harm reduction and safe supplies
- Treatment of minor illness and pain
- Referrals to mental health and other specialists
- A safe place to talk about stress, depression, relationships, LGBT2SQ+ and whatever else is on your mind!
We understand that some teens are hesitant to get help when they need it or too busy with after-school activities to get to the doctor. We want to make it as easy as possible for teens to get the help they need.
Is It confidential?
YES! Services are confidential. The only people that will know you use the clinic are the health-care providers.
One exception to the confidentiality policy:
When an individual is at risk of harm or abuse by themselves or someone else and requires protection.