Telehealth sites within Manitoba may provide you with the option of seeing your health care provider by videoconference. This service lets you see, hear, and talk to your care provider on a television screen and they are able to see, hear and talk to you on a screen at their end.
This use of information technology connects people to health care services from a distance. The video link to your care provider is high-speed, secure, and allows you to speak from different locations across Manitoba. Staff members at Interlake-Eastern RHA also use Telehealth to offer and access education programs.
Why Use MBTelehealth?
- Decreases time away from home and work
- Saves you time, money and risk associated with travel
- Improves access to specialized services that may not currently be available in your home community
- Family members can be included in the session
- Access to over 50 specialties and more than 100 specialists within Manitoba
- All services are provided in a secure and confidential manner
Have you been referred to a specialist in Winnipeg?
Talk to your healthcare provider about using Telehealth as an option.
Consultation Process for MBTelehealth
- Client requests to see the distant specialist using telehealth
- Physician completes referral letter/consultation following normal practice, including client demographics and history
- Physician will indicate on referral that client has requested to use telehealth and the specialist will determine if appropriate
- Client will be notified of the date, time and location of the telehealth appointment by the specialist’s office
- Following the session, a copy of the completed consultation will be sent to the referring physician
Telehealth Sites in our Region
The following sites within our region offer access to Telehealth:
|Arborg & District Health Centre||204-376-5669|
|Ashern – Lakeshore General Hospital||204-768-2461|
|Beausejour Health Centre||204-268-7463|
|Eriksdale Community Wellness Centre||204739-2777|
|Gimli Community Health Centre||204-642-4595|
|Hodgson Renal Health Centre||204-372-6052|
|Lac du Bonnet Primary Health Care Centre||204-345-8173|
|Lundar Primary Care Health Centre||204-762-5469|
|Pine Falls Health Complex||204-367-5401|
|Riverton Community Health Office||204-378-2460|
|Selkirk Regional Health Centre||204-482-5800|
|Cancer Navigation Services – Selkirk||1-855-557-2273|
|St. Laurent – Community Health Centre||204-646-2504|
|Stonewall & District Health Centre||204-467-3380|
|Teulon – Hunter Memorial Hospital||204-886-2433|
|Whitemouth District Health Centre||204-348-7191|