Healthy Together Now
2022-2023 Funding Available
Healthy Together Now (HTN) is a community-led grassroots program to help prevent chronic diseases in Manitoba. The program is coordinated by the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority and supported by the Province of Manitoba, Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery/Health Promotion and Wellness Branch. HTN focuses on prevention activities for all ages and strives to engage the highest needs population, individuals, families and communities. Limited funds are dedicated to each community and are to be used within a year.
Community organizations can apply for funding for prevention activities in the areas of:
- Mental Well-Being
- Healthy Eating
- Tobacco Prevention and Reduction
- Physical Activity
Projects that address the Social Determinants of Health and a Health Equity Approach will receive priority for funding. The Social Determinants of Health describe the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age — such as housing, food, income, natural and built environments, social safety net and social inclusion .
What is Health Equity?
By focusing on priority populations, it is recognized that achieving health equity will improve the health of all Manitobans. Some populations are more likely to experience poor health outcomes and shorter life expectancy. These populations include Indigenous peoples, newcomers and refugees, visible minorities, people living in poverty, persons with disabilities and people experiencing long-term unemployment, homelessness or other types of economic and social marginalization.
Who Can Apply?
- Organizations or groups that have a structure to support clear financial accountability (for example, two or three signatures required for cheques, board structure in place including a treasurer or bookkeeper, bank account in the organization’s name).
- Individuals will be partnered with community groups or organizations that support clear financial accountability.
- Discuss the idea with others, connect with a community organization for support, have a conversation with your Interlake-Eastern RHA contact. Review the Funding Guidelines to make sure your idea meets the funding criteria.
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR IERHA CONTACT
CLICK HERE FOR FUNDING GUIDELINES
- To help bring individuals and groups together, community meetings are planned. All potential projects need to be represented at a community meeting to move forward to the application phase. Please contact your Interlake-Eastern RHA contact to find a meeting in your area.
CLICK HERE TO FIND A COMMUNITY MEETING NEAR YOU
- Complete the online application in consultation with your Wellness Facilitator after community meetings, which are being held April 13 to 27, 2022.
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION LINK
- Project gets approved or the Interlake-Eastern RHA contacts work with groups to meet funding criteria.
- Project happens in your community! You did it!
- Report back. Share the news about the successes and opportunities for growth.
CLICK HERE FOR THE MONITORING FORM