No Gym Required — 3-Part Series
Physical activity is vital to your physical and emotional health and can bring you fun and fitness at the same time.
You will learn:
- Where to begin
- Goal setting
- The physical activity guidelines specific to your age group
- Recommendations for developing a walking program
- Gentle stretching and strengthening exercises modified to meet your individual needs.
This class is available online using Microsoft Teams. Call toll-free 1-877-979-WELL (9355) to register for an online session or get on a wait list for an upcoming program.
Protecting staff and patients from exposure to COVID-19 is one of the pillars of the provincial pandemic plan. As part of this plan, we are all asked to practise social distancing. Community Wellness Program is now available online using Microsoft Teams.
Online Resources to Stay Active at Home
To request a copy of Anywhere Anytime Exercises that don’t require any equipment, please click here to email the Wellness Team.
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.
Active Living Facilitator Leader Training
Learn to Lead Others in Physical Activity!
Once you’ve received your qualification as a recognized Active Living Facilitator, you are sanctioned by the Manitoba Fitness Council to guide active living activities in the following areas:
- Indoors or Outdoors
- Basic Stretching and Range of Motion
- Activities of Daily Living
- Basic Body Weight Strengthening
- Learn how to be a leader in fitness and community health!
For more information or to check available classes, please contact email@example.com.